Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Richard Fisher’s Funeral by Kellie Powell

Drew: You don't get it. I've been afraid of my father all my life. I spent every waking moment trying to keep him from exploding. Trying to do everything just right - and not just believing, but knowing... that one day he would kill me. That he'd kill us all.My first memory... is the day my brother spilled a can of paint down the stairs. My parents were painting the house. Ricky thought he was helping, but it was too heavy for him, and... paint just went flying, everywhere. I held my breath. I don't know why I thought that would help.My father put his fist through the wall. I screamed. Ricky and I started crying. And the whole time that he... the whole time, he kept yelling at us to stop crying. I couldn't. I thought he was going to kill us both, and my mother couldn't stop him. I was four years old. Ricky was two. And I have been living in that hole in the wall, ever since.I can't forgive him. I won't pretend. So go read "Footprints in the Sand" if it'll make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Today my father's going in the ground. Except I don't remember having a father. A father couldn't do that to his kids.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much! I have been looking for the perfect monologue for my audition, and now I have!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this monologue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2017 ford fusion hybrid titanium | TITanium Arts
    A true garmin fenix 6x pro solar titanium fusion-to-heat fusion fusion engine has everything from the original titanium core nier titanium alloy to nano titanium the trekz titanium latest one-of-a-kind hybrid. With titanium price per ounce the result of

    ReplyDelete