Wednesday, May 23, 2012

There's Gotta Be a Better Way

Faith: Ma'am, I replaced the first burger free cause it "didn't taste right" to you. And the second burger cause you said it wasn't cooked enough. Now you're telling me that this burger is burnt?! You have got to be kidding me. Where do you think you are. This is McDonald's! We ain't serving no sirloin steak! $5.25 an hour and I gotta put up with the likes of you. I'll tell you what. Why don't you come back here, take my greasy apron and my stupid hat, and stand back here in 128 degree temperature and cook your own burger til you're satisfied. Oh, and hey, don't forgot you gotta smile nice for all the customers while you're sweating to death and the French Fry boys are whispering perverted jokes!! No? Doesn't sound like a good old time to you? Well then, I highly suggest you take that burger back to your little table, eat it, and think about how lucky you are that I didn't smush an apple pie in your face. Have I made myself clear? Thank you. Have a nice day.

31 comments:

  1. im going to us this monologue for my drama auditions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. That's fabulous! A few girls from my school used this monologue for our competition and it went over really well! Break a leg! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wanna use this monologue but i'm afraid i'll forget the lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My advice is to do it. If you love the monologue it will come easily so don't worry about that and this is one that you can easily improvise and save the piece if you forget it. So break a leg and if you don't love the monologue don't do it. :)

      Delete
  4. I have to Do this monologue for my drama class and im afraid about how other ppl might react. What should i do :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in Middle school, and In grade 6 i performed it to my friends. their reaction was great. you should try it. and it isn't that hard to memorize either. it took me just 30 minutes of concentration.

      Delete
  5. this is the one!!! i got my monologue!!!!
    imma rock this! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a dude and I'm tweaking so it will work as my final for theater 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. This monologue is awesome! I'm doing it tomorrow for my drama 1 final!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Could anyone tell me the playwright and play that this is from? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't audtion for LaGuardia high school for 2 more years and im already practicing because I really want to get in and this is perfect im gonna use it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome monologue do you know who wrote it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG I found my audition monologue I'm definitely getting into play production now 🎭

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey i wanna use this for an audition tomorrow. Any suggestions

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is NOT from a published play. It was written by Janet B. Milstein, as part of her book "The Ultimate Audition Book for Teens: 111 One-Minute Monologues" (Crossroad Press, 2000; also available as an e-book). Ms Milstein, an actor and acting teacher, wrote all of the monologues in the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You sooooo much. I really needed to now where it was from for my audition. :)

      Delete
  14. I am going to use this as my monologue for a drama tryout.Tanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My friend recommened this for me for my auditions, its comedy alright

    ReplyDelete
  16. is this also for boys aswell, I want to use this for my laguardia auditions.

    ReplyDelete