Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Searching for Justice

Janis: Justice was served?! You've got to be kidding me! I was there. I saw everything. Your client beat that man to a bloody pulp. He left him lying in the street. Just a mass of blood where his face used to be. You saw the pictures. He had to have his entire face surgically redone. And why? Because your hero was itching for a fight and didn't like his long hair. Two years of private investigators calling me and having me indentify photos. And for what? So I could sit in that witness stand and have you twist my words into lies. You must be awfully proud of yourself. What do you feel when you're lying in bed at night? Do guilt or shame ever come creeping in? I have been waiting in that stuffy office all day. Because I came here to tell the truth. And I did. Now would you tell me something? How can you live with yourself? How?

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I love the monologoues you put on your blog because I have a tough time finding monologues for my Oral Communication class, but I found your website and it has made my search so much easier. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I wanted to know where you found this monologue. Do you know if it's from a published play?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure where its from. I actually found it in a monologue book so I know its not from a play.

      Delete
  3. Which emotion do you use while doing this monologue

    ReplyDelete